So, you’re wondering how to become a nomad; how to transition towards a remote work lifestyle. We’ve been there, and it’s stressful. You realized the 9-5 lifestyle isn’t for you and you’ve accepted that changes have to be made. Big changes. Living a self-determined, location-independent life is your dream, and now it’s all about turning that vision into a reality.
Whether you’re in your early twenties, having only given the corporate life a whirl for a couple of years, or you’ve been slogging away in the same old office for over a decade, it’s not too early and it’s never too late for you to join the digital nomad movement. With the right resources and planning in place, you can achieve the location-independent lifestyle you’ve been dreaming of.
Welcome to Jey Jetter
My name is Julia Jerg, and I’ve been a digital nomad since 2011. At this time, there wasn’t even a label for people like me – remote workers who traveled to exotic places in their free time – and everyone thought my vision was utterly bonkers. Now, digital nomads exist in communities in every corner of the earth!
So, how do I do it? I’m a Social Media Coach, Digital Nomad Mum, and Blogger. And I love lengthy discussions surrounding travel and the remote work lifestyle.
After one year of digital nomading solo, life happened: when I met my partner, “I” became “us”. Then (yep, you guessed it!) the “us” became “we”. Years later, here we are; a fully fledged digital nomad family!
I use my blog to detail my discoveries and learnings over the course of my digital nomad life. So, you’ll find everything from how to get started as a digital nomad and finding remote work, to tips for traveling with kids as a nomad family.
Our mission? To help aspiring digital nomads, couples and families explore endlessly, build businesses and families remotely and gain personal autonomy.
Digital Nomad Blog
We won’t lie to you: becoming a digital nomad is challenging. It can be overwhelming at first, but this is where Jey Jetter comes in. We are fully equipped to help you have a smooth transition to the digital nomad lifestyle. We’ve done it ourselves, and we even added the kid factor into it.
Our digital nomad blog includes our best digital nomad tips. You’ll find everything, from getting started as a digital nomad or remote worker to the best destinations for digital nomads, whether you’re traveling solo or as a family.
Popular Digital Nomad Blog Posts
- What Digital Nomad Podcast You Need to Listen toDo you have a favourite digital nomad podcast? Here are 11 more that you can add to your list.
- The Only Digital Nomad Packing List You Need (2020)Less is often more! That is definitely true for your nomad packing list. Here is a guide with essentials and super useful things to make your life on the road as comfy as possible.
- How to be a digital nomad with a familyThere are many questions about the digital nomad lifestyle especially when it comes to being a digital nomad with a family. Here are our thoughts, insights and tips if you decide to go this road with your loved ones.
- The average digital nomad salary in 2020You are wondering how much digital nomads make on average? You are not alone! Read on to learn all about the topic: digital nomad salary.
Family Travel Blog
Planning a trip with kids can be stressful, especially if you’re planning a long-term trip. But, with the right resources, it needn’t be! Whether you’re planning a family gap year, short family holidays or starting your transition to becoming a digital nomad family, Jey Jetter is a great resource when it comes to family travel. We want to help you plan the best holidays for you and your kids.
Our family travel blog includes our best tips for traveling with kids as a nomad family. Here, you’ll find our recommended destinations for family travel as well as our tips for long-term travel with kids.
Popular Travel Blog Posts
- Best International Places To Travel With Toddlers (first-hand experience)Wondering where it’s safe and fun to travel with your little one(s)? We got your back! Here is a curated list of best places to travel with toddlers.
- Best Travel with Kids Quotes in 2020Need some travel inspiration? Look no further! Here is a list of travel with kids quotes to get you into wanderlust.
- Thank you, COVID-19!In times like this, we need to stay calm and positive. I admit, this has become a challenge lately, as our travel plans are completely messed up – read on why and what we intend to do.
- 4 Day Thailand ItineraryThe headline sounds crazy, I know! But perhaps one day you’ll find yourself in this tricky situation where […]
Looking for inspiration for a gift for the nomad and/or traveler in your life? Browse our fun and original travel products to put a smile on their face.
By shopping at our Nomadic Shop, you are supporting our nomad family, and we’d like to thank you for that!